- iBGP Split Horizon – When an iBGP speaker learns of an iBGP Prefix it will not send the prefix to another iBGP speaker.
- This means you will need to configure either a full mesh of iBGP peerings or use a function like route reflection or confederation to work around this rule.
- eBGP Peering – Peering between different Autonymous Systems.
- eBGP multi-hop – Used whenever you want to peer between loopback addresses between eBGP peers.
eBGP Multi-hop Lab
- Configure the BGP topology given in the diagram.
- All peering should be formed between loopback addresses.
- Do not form an iBGP peering between R2 and R3.
- Allowed to create static routes in AS 400 and AS 500 if needed.