- From the Synology Package Center we will download “Active Backup for Business”.
Create a backup of the VMs
- Open the Active Backup for Business.
- Activate the application using your Synology account. (This is free)
- Click the “VMware vSphere” tab and click “Manage Hypervisor” to add your ESXi host.
- As long as the input is correct you will immediately see your ESXi host added.
- Select Create Task and give it a name.
- Select the backup destination directory.
- Run through the settings, select the VMs to backup.
- Give specifics on backup parameters.
- I’m just clicking through the assistant, keeping the default options selected.
- Check the task summary to review if everything is as you like to configure it. If all is fine, click “Apply”.
- Run the backup task and once completed you will see it under the “Task List” section.