Firepower Management Console System Configuration
- Setting up a syslog server prevents allowing another user on the FMC to delete the logs. This also keeps a backup of your logs.
- Set the ‘send audit to syslog’ as enabled
- enter in the sys log serves IP address for the host.
- Change the faility to SYSLOG
- Set severity to what you would like.
- Test the syslog server and then Save once verified it’s working.
- You will be greeted with a Sucess message after the configuration change has took affect.
- Create a login banner with whatever login greeting you would like.
- It is a good idea to display an authorization warning for the login banner or any message you would like users to see once logged into the FMC.
- Save the login banner once completed.
- Change reconciliation allows a reported to be generated every x hours:minutes to provide a history of what configurations have changed.
- Enter in your information as needed.
- The from address can be whatever you like all other information will need to be legitimate
HTTPS Server Certificate
- Creating an HTTPS certificate.
- Hostname of the device
- Domain name the device is in.
- DNS servers
- Remote management port
- Don’t forget to hit save!
Remote Storage Device
- Setup snmpv2
- Create an ACL pointing to ISE or whatever you’re using for SNMP.