Automating Cisco IOS using NSO 5.3 on Ubuntu Linux 20.04 – Part 3 (Device and Group Templates)
- Create a device template that we will apply to all devices inside of our IOS_DEVICES group. You will begin to see the benefit of automation by the end of this post.
- We will select our IOS 6.42 NED as the device driver. We will enter into configuration mode and then enter the commands needed to setup name servers on the IOS devices.
- We can use show configuration to see our pending changes before we commit the template to NSO.
- With our final command we can see that our single line of text wil apply our template to every device in our device group.
- We can also use the commit dry-run to see all configuration changes that will be applied to the device’s once we commit the template.
- The last step now that we have confirmed we in fact want these changes to take place on the IOS devices is to commit the changes.